Empire Electric Customers: Get "double rebates" from Tri-State and Empire on heat pumps, water heaters, and appliances. Click here to learn more. Also, receive a rebate on an energy audit.
La Plata Electric Association Customers: Get more rebates from LPEA on LED lights, appliances, and more.
San Miguel Power Association Customers: Get more rebates from your local utility company. Click here to learn more.
Atmos Energy and Source Gas Customers: Excess is Out: Reduce and Rebate Program helps you to incorporate energy savings measures in your home.
Mail the completed application form with copies of equipment or insulation receipts (with insulation card) to:
Excess Is Out
3800 Watt Ave., Suite 105,
Sacramento, CA 95821
You may inquire about your rebate status by calling: 1-866-971-7347.
Energy Star Rebate Program
Reduce utility bills in LPEA territory by replacing old refrigerators or freezers with newer Energy Star models. Old appliances can consume 2 - 4 times more energy annually than a new model. How Much?
How to Get the Energy Star Rebate
- $40 for Purchasing an ENERGY STAR Refrigerator/Freezer
- $40 for Dishwashers
- $40 for Clothes washers
- Verify that a specific model qualifies by visiting www.energystar.gov and review the complete list.
- Visit the LPEA site and submit the application.
- Submit the application within 180 days of purchase, along with an original, dated proof-of-purchase invoice or receipt by mail or in person:
La Plata Electric Association
45 Stewart Street, Durango
603 S. 8th Street, Pagosa Springs
Where do I get an Energy Star Appliance?
ENERGY STAR appliance rebates are offered through area vendors as well as through manufacturers. For more information, go to the Energy Star Web site and enter your zip code and any appliances you are interested to obtain a rebate for.
What do I do with my old Refrigerator? Get another rebate!
- $25 for Recycling a Refrigerator/Freezer
- Recycle Rebates are available year round